Self-care… This post is a bit of a pivot from my regular travel posts and to be honest; I am feeling that I will be writing/sharing more of my personal inward journeys along with my passion for travel on this platform. For me, sharing openly creates a space for truth, vulnerability, and I hope curates some relatability & resonance for others. In this blog post, I’m sharing about how I found the importance of self-care and how essential it is that we all hold space for our individual self-care practices. And here’s what I have discovered, our individual self-care journeys are an ongoing process, we are always growing, evolving, expanding, stepping deeper into the unknown abyss of our very being. I feel the messaging coming thru is to shine our true selves with empathetic compassion and transcending love.
Inward Navigation: Very much a part of my inward navigation is working with an experienced support system of guides. For me, this includes my therapist, for my psychological wellbeing, my soul guide who offers the guidance to connect with my heart-centered knowing, and working with energy healers. I have found a wonderful team that I work with on a consistent basis to assist in my healing, releasing, growth and expansion in all areas of my present being… integrating my mind, body, Soul and higher conscious self.
Take Care- Sadie Adams: I’m so excited to share about a beautiful supportive space and person who offers healing modalities and energetic work for sacred self-care. 2 years ago, I started to work with Sadie Adams who facilitates therapeutic energetic consciousness integrations. Sadie offers her healing sessions thru Energetic Facials, Embodied Touch Therapy, TMJ massage, and her Wisdom Transmissions. To be clear, Sadie’s facials are not your typical facials. This is simply just one way she works with your energetic field; she also uses microcurrent technology to work deep into our physical, molecular and cellular levels. I have worked with Saide three times and each has been more potent, transformational and shifting from one to the next. In this post, I am sharing about my most recent session with Sadie at her new Venice, CA Take Care location on the infamous Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Sadie Adams is the founder of Take Care in New York City and Los Angeles. Her studies in anatomy at the School for Body-Mind Centering™, in Ayurveda and yoga therapy at the Ayurvedic Institute have led her to focus on regenerative therapies. Sadie has been sharing her insights on movement and consciousness over the last 20 years, calling on science, technology, ancient wisdom and intuitive awareness to support healing and increase human capacities. Her community of clients and practitioners greatly influence her work. She feels that conscious relating, sensitivity and presence are essential in the process of transformation and development. – Take Care Website
Take Care: Sadie has opened two locations of Take Care; she works & lives bi-costal. Take Care flagship Storefront is located in NYC and her new 2nd Take Care is located in Venice, CA. Sadie has an incredibly skilled team working with her, Sarah Clark & Marina Trejo in NYC; Moe Smith and Sonia Vargas in LA, along with her sister, Tess Adams who also works and lives bi-costal. I booked my session with Sadie about two months ago and from the moment I received confirmation, I could already feel her mystical energy dancing with mine. My appointment was on a Monday, so many sensations were flowing thru, excitement to see the new space, anticipation for the work that was going to come thru, and true restorative peace that is always the foundational energetic thread of Sadie’s work. I arrived along with my two girlfriends that joined me, who also had booked sessions with Sadie for that afternoon. Once we entered Take Care, I instantly felt the serenity. The lighting is soft, with natural light filtering thru skylights. The walls are painted white with a subtle rose hue that feels like your being held in such a nurturing way. The back bar is beautifully finished with copper counters and backsplash which not only is aesthetically pleasing but I believe also works as a conductor for grounding energy. Sadie’s vison and essence were felt in every aspect of Take Care… the best way for me to describe the studio is like being embraced within a nurturing womb space.
Sadie’s Facial: When I entered the treatment space, I noticed the bed was draped with linen blankets and the floor beneath was covered with soft, plush sheepskin rugs. I could see her microcurrent machine, along with her Take Care products, a vase of roses and intrinsic hand fan as the backdrop. I laid face up on the bed, closed my eyes and remained open & ready to receive. The session first started with Sadie asking “what is my intention“, she then worked with my energetic field thru Embodied touch templating. Thru a series of soft touches on my face, neck and crown chakra I felt my energy moving & shifting. With subtle sensations moving thru my body, I naturally went into a place of surrender, as there is no room for your mind to make sense of what the real experience is taking place. I would describe the session more like therapy, not a lot of speaking verbally but enough to integrate the energy healing with your higher conscious self. There is so much more to share from working with Sadie but what comes thru is this… if this energetic healing work is of interest to you, if you are feeling drawn to the experience, don’t second guess. Just head over to the Take Care website and book your session. Allow all to flow thru you saying “yes”. It’s that simple and straightforward.
“ We treat on the basis of supportive regenerations. Regeneration means this moment of rebirthing—realizing we grew ourselves and that we have that medicine inside of us. How we get behind that so that the cells become aware of themselves in a new way, so that the client becomes aware of themselves in a new way. We’re clearing all of the judgment. Just to get to that place of self-acceptance and love.”- Sadie Adams, Founder of Take Care
Recommendation: book your session with Sadie on a Monday afternoon. Monday evenings Sadie holds Groundspace meditation circle at Take Care (Venice, CA location), which is a wonderful way to finish and continue the integration of the energetic work. Abbot Kinney Blvd is a street full of shops and high vibe eateries you could certainly spend some time before or after walking down the eccentric pathway. The Beach is a short walk as well, the ocean is always offering supportive flow. I’m based out of AZ, so when I’m working with Sadie in person, I drive out and create a little self-care vaca out of the journey. There are some awesome Airbnb’s in Venice, so I highly recommend looking on the app for places to stay.
Q & A with Sadie: I asked Sadie some questions for her to share thru her own words a bit about herself, her background in Ayurvedic medicine, Take Care and her own Self-care Practice.
1. What inspired /called you to create Take Care? Take Care has been a beacon. I was immersed in self-care culture at the Ayurvedic Institute when I was a yoga teacher (in the 90s!) To communicate the style of therapeutic movement and meditation practices I was working with I used the term that I was learning most about, branding Take Care Yoga. I launched a harm reduction workshop around NYC in 2002 called Take Care Yoga for the forelegs and feet to address repetitive stress issues arising from the fashionable use of high heel shoes. I became an educator in esthetics in 2005 and opened my own practice in 2007 I kept the name of my ongoing study, TAKECARE and it still serves as a reminder for me to prioritize self-care.
2. When & where did you first open Take Care? First storefront opened in 2009 on Saint Marks Place, NYC.
3. What drew you to becoming bi-coastal with Take Care? I had come to LA a few times to support clients during awards season and my work was warmly received here. I would come out to get some nature time to surf and work. It was a pretty good lifestyle and many of our clients are Bi-Coastal.
4. At what age were you first drawn to ayurvedic medicine? I was 20.
5. How do you apply ayurvedic medicine into your facials and energetic healing? The first facial I had was from Dr. Lad when I modeled for the facial Marma point demo!
Havening studied ayurvedic medicine at a young age, I feel it is the window through which I see so much of my professional career.
Mostly, I was influenced by sitting with the Doctor himself. I learned so much from his presence and his teaching style.
6. How does your energetic healing serve within the emotional body & physical body? So much depends on the person AND the intention they bring in for the session.
7. Please share about your microcurrent facial: It is an amazing electrical facial! its adapotgentic integrative and healing. No cause for micro-injury!
8. Can you please share what a Wisdom Transmission session cultivates: The intention for wisdom Transmission is basically to support a client in becoming clear about what their intention is and how they are going to choose to work with their intention as an organizing factor for their motor actions. The name speaks to the experience of one becoming clear and working with the wisdom of one’s soul. Each one of us has a unique way of interpreting our connection with nature. As such, the transmissions tend to have personality influence and variance until the wisdom of love is all that is apparent. The sessions can help this love integrate in ways that are practical and grounded.
9. Thru my Wisdom transmission session with you, you worked with me on having sovereignty over my energetic filed, can you please share more on the importance of our energic awareness? Clarifying choices in both perception and participation is a worthwhile endeavor in these times. Managing one’s body and kinesphere can help one to better understand how one is being influenced in any given scenario.
10. Self-care, what is your daily practice? Most importantly to eat when I am hungry and choose over and over again to be kind and patient.
11. How did you become in tune with your authentic pathway to living and guiding with your heart’s purpose? This phenomenon can happen in any line of work with humility and gratitude.
12. What guidance would you offer to those feeling the call to step deeper into their heart’s purpose? Cultivate awareness about how one is being influenced – see the answer to question 9!
13. Please share any heart guidance that’s coming thru… the mystery the mystery the mystery become comfy with the great mystery
“Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy- the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” – Brené Brown
I hope this post might offer some interest or intrigue into your own sacred self-care journeys. As we all are all on our own unique paths, I feel it’s important to know that we are not alone, and we don’t have to navigate thru our individual contrast work solo. We are all here to share, connect and support each other. I’m am so grateful to my family & friends and to all of you who stay connected thru OnWord Journeys. Because of this synergy of acceptance & support, I feel comfortable to share more vulnerability. As I am writing now, I am finding a deeper purpose in this platform and self-expression is creating the opening of my next chapter. We will see as the journey unfolds, as Sadie would say… “the mystery, the mystery, the mystery, become comfy with the great mystery”.
**Photo credits: to my two radiant soul sisters, Stephanie & Danica.**
With Love & Light,
Take Care: www.takecarebody.com
Take Care Venice, CA address: www.takecarebody.com/venice
GroundSpace Meditation Circle: www.takecarebody.com/groundspacemeditation
Love this in-depth blog on Sadie Adams: tobemagnetic.com/take-care-sadie-adams
Airbnb Venice, CA: www.airbnb.com/s/Venice
Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice, CA: www.abbotkinneyblvd.com